Monday 3 September 2012

Music love #1



I've not tried this out before, but I thought it might be quite good to do a lyrics post every once in a while, a bit like my Movie Love Quotes.  I tend not to like music so much for catchy guitar riffs or things like that, it's more when lyrics really reach out to me and I feel like I can relate.  So I'll kick off with a few of my old favourites:

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

"Now here you go again
You say you want your freedom
Well who am I to keep you down
It's only right that you should
Play the way you feel it
But listen carefully to the sound
Of your loneliness
Like a heartbeat, drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering 
What you had, And what you lost
And what you had, And what you lost"

Joni Mitchell - A Case of You
"I'm frightened by the devil 
And I'm drawn to those ones

that ain't afraid 
I remember that time you told me you said
"Love is touching souls" 
Surely you touched mine 
'Cause part of you pours out of me 
In these lines from time to time 
Oh, you're in my blood like holy wine 
You taste so bitter and so sweet 
Oh I could drink a case of you darling 
And I would still be on my feet 
I would still be on my feet"


Prince - When Doves Cry
"How can you just leave me standing? 
Alone in a world that's so cold? 
Maybe Im just too demanding
Maybe Im just like my father too bold
Maybe you're just like my mother
Shes never satisfied 
Why do we scream at each other
This is what it sounds like
When doves cry"



Does anyone else have any favourite lyrics that stick with them? 
Muchos love,
Fran
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment